The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Customer Service Representative
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryNo Prior Insurance Experience Needed!
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life starting day one as well as 401K with company match, pension plan and paid time off.
Hiring for M-F 9 AM - 6 PM Work Schedule with one Saturday per month. 12 weeks of paid training. Starting salary $37,000.
This entry level position embodies Travelers' mission to help provide peace of mind for our customers. Our Customer Service Representative is the first to give customers the assurance they need for life's unpredictable moments. By handling inbound calls from our existing customers, our Customer Service Representative is able to build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and provide support to those who need it most. This role may assist customers and agents with quotes, policy inquires and changes, address insurance billing questions or handle inquiries on technical support. This rewarding opportunity is not the only perk: access to great benefits, collaborative work environments, plus job growth and development all contribute to a fulfilling career with Travelers. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts.
- Responds to customers/agents requests for quotes or changes to existing policies.
- Reviews cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Resolves service-related complaints and complex calls with guidance from others on more complex calls.
- Assist customers with simple intent calls.
- Acts as online billing systems and agency portal website expert to provide proactive agency and customer support.
- Identifies new business opportunities driven by customer/agent request where appropriate, which includes both coverage and product. New business requests will be transferred as appropriate.
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account notes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Some college preferred.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience a plus.
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance License preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Ability to successfully complete training by meeting expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying content.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical knowledge:
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation experience.
- Customer service:
- Must be able to meet quality and customer experience expectations.
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Start date July 13, 2020 with work hours 9 am - 6 pm.
- Weekend work hours (Occasionally)
- Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Occasionally)
- Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
Sitting (can stand at will) (Continuously)
Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.