Willis Towers Watson
Benefit Advisor - Remote
As a Benefit Advisor, you will have the rewarding opportunity to speak with Medicare eligible participants across the country to assist them in selecting insurance plans that meet their needs. You will spend approximately 90% of your day in phone conversations with participants exercising patience and knowledge with caring explanations to enroll them in healthcare insurance products.
This is a seasonal role that runs until the end of each year. We do ask our highest performers to stay on after the season, and offer opportunities for advancement within Willis Towers Watson.
- Use a consultative approach to listen and assess the retirees insurance needs and appropriate eligibility
- Conduct eligibility and needs analysis to determine suitable plan
- Effectively and empathetically communicate the costs and benefits of multiple insurance plans over the phone
- Make plan recommendations based on participants individual needs and assist the participant with the decision making process
- Work through scheduled and inbound calls with patience and an emphasis on service, not call volume
- Work as a team player in a diverse, professional call center environment
- Adhere to all legal regulations
You are excited to learn new things, have strong computer skills, and are self-motivated to always improve. You have patience and the ability to listen and recognize the needs of participants, even when they are unable to clearly articulate what is important to them. You are able to change your communication style based on the region of the call, the client, and the medical needs of the caller. You overcome objections with knowledge, patience, and understanding, and enjoy meeting new people by phone!
You will complete a self-study program to pass the state Life and Health license exam. Study materials and testing are paid for by Willis Towers Watson. You MUST pass the state license exam in order to be eligible to enter the Benefit Advisor Training program.
- After your first day complete required certifications to represent local and national insurance carriers
- Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone
- Ability to learn new proprietary computer systems
- Experience in a sales consulting environment preferred
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance documents, detailed correspondence, procedure manuals, insurance applications, polices, and contracts
- Life/Health Insurance certification a plus
- High School Diploma or GED required, College classes a plus
Willis Towers Watson operates in a highly regulated environment; you will be required to complete an extensive background check in order to be licensed as a Benefit Advisor.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Willis Towers Watson is committed to finding opportunities to foster flexibility in the workplace, whenever business and client demands allow. As part of the unprecedented response to coronavirus and to ensure the safety of all of our employees we may request that your initial employment with us be done remotely. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and inform you when it is safe to begin working onsite. For specific details, please discuss with your Recruiter.
Willis Towers Watson maintains a diverse working environment of dedicated associates, in an open call center layout. We utilize the latest in technology, and top of the line computer and telephony systems. We reward our associates with competitive hourly rates, monthly bonuses, team competitions, and raffles. We have a variety of shifts available. Our hours of operation are 6am – 7pm MST. Each year we invite top performing seasonal associates to join our team on a year round basis, or invite them back for the following season.