Manager/Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
Allstate is looking for a Manager / Senior Cloud Platform Engineer within the ATSV Information Services Group (ISG), to lead the Cloud Analytics team. At ISG, we are responsible for the engineering and operation of the Allstate big data and real time analytics platforms. On the Cloud Analytics team, we are specialists helping ISG and Data Science (D3) teams support their big data and analytical efforts in the cloud, from planning stages to implementation. In this role you will work with AWS using Agile/Infrastructure as Code (IaC) methodologies to plan, test, and deploy cloud infrastructure using a variety of tools to support the enterprise analytics environment and be a coach / leader for the Cloud Analytics team.
If you are an experienced hands-on engineer doing IaC in the cloud working on scalable, resilient, constantly evolving platforms, we’d like to talk to you. In this role you will:
- Work with Big Data and Analytical teams to engineer and develop capabilities in the cloud that align with transformative growth business strategies and requirements.
- Develop solutions for scale, resiliency and maintainability, which meet technical, security, and business needs for applications and workloads.
- Assist other teams across ISG and Data Science (D3) with migration from on-premise to cloud workloads both from a conceptual and technology standpoint.
- Test and deploy cloud-based services to support real-time analytics workloads.
- Develop and support multi-step CI/CD deployment pipelines for cloud environment.
- Help automate repeatable tasks to create efficiencies in our workflows and enable freedom for innovation.
- Contribute to technology strategy, develop engineering roadmaps, and identify proof of concept use cases.
- Champion good engineering practices and help teams to define and set up automated frameworks, focusing on delivering value.
- Manage and develop staff including setting strategic direction, overseeing ongoing work, managing HR processes, coaching and mentoring.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in infrastructure or platform development.
- Experienced in utilizing “infrastructure as code” approach to provisioning.
- Automation, Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet), DevOps practices, CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins).
- Familiarity with Python and Bash scripting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Amazon Web Services or similar cloud computing platform.
- Experience managing or leading technical teams.
- Hands-on style - willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience.
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions, representing the team across ISG and D3.
- Continuous learner and a positive role model to staff.
- Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, EMR, Spark, Impala, Kafka, etc.
- Good understanding of Linux - preferably RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Storage - NAS, SAN, HDFS, Object Storage.
- Basic networking skills - switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing.
- Containers / Docker
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.