The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is seeking a Software Engineer II to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will complete advanced end to end engineering tasks for specific system assignments including designing, developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system specifications, consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications, managing interaction between the systems and other technical support areas and defining technical requirements and coordinating team resources to solve problems.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, design, development, and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a high degree of accuracy and speed, operating as an individual contributor to team goals.
- Perform analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of advanced complexity and escalate appropriately.
- Work independently to tackle well-scoped and loosely scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Two years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Four years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with MicroServices
- Experience with Database - NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB) preferred
- Experience with .NET Core preferred
- Experience with Agile
- Basic understanding of DevOps preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.