The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Technical Senior Business Systems Consultant
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryWorking in a collaborative environment, individual will help maintain and coordinate all aspects of agency compensation system (iComp). Also provide support and technical assistance associated with a separate application (iAgree) used for sending documents to agencies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes business and system knowledge to support business needs.
- Understands the political nature of the organization and works appropriately within it; effectively establishes collaborative relationships and alliances throughout the organization.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of a particular business capability, product and/or system domain.
- Understands impacts of changes to current state business process, data, feeds and systems. Identifies potential impacts in other systems domains.
- May participate in departmental or divisional planning process. Provides subject matter expertise and capabilities to Business and IT Projects.
- Using business acumen, makes recommendations for operational process improvements on projects and/or system enhancements.
- Works with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Develops requirements work plans, identifies task dependencies, develops estimates and determines resource skill requirements; supports risk management and change management activities.
- Validates the solution (people, process and technology) meets the business capability, product or system objectives.
- Identifies appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders to participate in requirements sessions.
- Documentation and Training:
- Maintains documentation of current state systems and processes.
- Assures development of training materials and business implementation/transition is completed.
- Production support/troubleshooting:
- Leads troubleshooting and defect resolution. This includes requesting resources, migration through environments and ticket management.
- Proactively communicates status of enhancements, change requests and defects. Responsible for change, defect and enhancement request process and assignment of approved work for team.
- Simultaneously supports multiple projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years of experience supporting business technology systems required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
- Experience with Varicent ICM/SPM product preferred.
- ETL experience preferred.
- Seven plus years of experience supporting business technology systems preferred.
- One year of experience leading technical teams preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Business Perspective (Advanced):
- Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Advanced):
- Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Analytical Thinking (Advanced):
- Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Relationship Management (Advanced):
- Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Communication (Advanced):
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Facilitation (Advanced):
- Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Teamwork (Advanced):
- Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Conflict Management (Advanced):
- Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Advanced):
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Intermediate):
- Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.