The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Marketing Strategy and Planning team is responsible for supporting and developing strategic marketing initiatives to enhance corporate growth and profitability and ensure Marketing’s contribution to growth through strategic planning, expense management and marketing effectiveness evaluation. The roles will emphasize facilitating communications at the senior and executive level, ensuring that messaging and strategic direction are presented clearly in order deliver actionable outcomes. The team will also work across marketing, specific business units and external constituents to ensure accurate and timely project delivery.
This is a new position that will report to the Director of Marketing Strategy & Planning and will expand the team’s capacity to work on a larger volume of strategy projects. This Strategy director is responsible for providing comprehensive strategic research and analytics to drive marketing decisions. This individual will help support and develop strategic marketing planning initiatives to enhance corporate growth and profitability. The role will emphasize facilitating senior level communications, ensuring that messaging and strategic direction are presented clearly. This individual will supervise the marketing strategy team.Key Responsibilities
- Develops strategic frameworks, storylines and analyses to guide strategic marketing decisions
- Provides thought leadership and strategic analysis to cross-functional teams conducting strategic inquiries
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions and consider ramifications to the business
- Provides market research and analytics to support strategic planning
- Facilitate Executive and Board level presentations, working across Allstate to identify and collect appropriate information
- Provide work direction and business context to ensure employees understand the link between their work and company goals and strategies
- Manage, develop and direct one or more work units/teams and individuals for potential succession planning
- Influence and contribute to strategic direction of senior leadership through formal and informal communication
- Manage Marketing portfolio and budget optimization to ensure focus on company objectives
- Analyze results and contribute to an atmosphere of fact-based decision making
- 12+ years of strategy experience with a strong analytical background. The most qualified candidates will have experience in insurance, marketing and consulting
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related area of study; MBA in Finance or Strategy preferred
- Superior communication skills across multiple levels and mediums; role requires expertise in crafting storylines in PowerPoint presentations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills - manage through ambiguity, shifting timelines, resources constraints and limitations while executing concurrent priories and balancing tactical and strategic points-of-view
- Ability to influence other resulting in conflict resolution, problem solving and alignment
- Independent thinker with a strong team mindset
- Ability to establish workflow, delegate responsibility, and allocate human capital to accomplish organizational objectives
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.