The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Technology Staff Auditor
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision, participate in audits and compliance reviews of various company technology functions. Identify risks and controls, execute specific testing procedures, and document results and conclusions reached. Follow department methodology and assist in development of written issues and recommendations for the business. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company technology functions, incorporating an understanding of technology processes, risk assessment techniques and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and systems and data integrity.
- Develops and executes specific testing procedures and documents test results for assigned sections of audits/projects.
- Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of issues and findings including recommendations for improvement.
- Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science/MIS or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in IT or as an IT Auditor.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and auditing principles, with experience in one or more technology disciplines (network, database, business applications, programming, etc.).
Licensing or Certificates
- Certified Information Systems Auditor or related certification.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Competence:
- Basic understanding of mainframe, distributed, network, or web-based technology environments.
- Introductory understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls as well as the insurance industry.
- Basic knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Basic understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- Advanced skills with commonly used office software including: MS Office, email and the internet.
- Ability to leverage CAATs to improve audit test efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to plan ahead and organize tasks, manage time well, be on time and be cost conscious.
- Ability to receive feedback, willingness to learn and ability to embrace continuous improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to articulate messages to business management through formal and informal presentations.
- Ability to document clear and concise work papers.
- Build Relationships:
- Ability to build productive working relationships with co-workers, business management and external parties.
- Ability to collaborate in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Maintains smooth, effective working relationships; promotes effective teamwork.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Continuously).
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Continuously).
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously).
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.