Enterprise Application Developer - Lead Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Key Responsibilities
The Lead Developer leads the design and develop services for MDM’s – analysis, design, build, testing and implementation in SAFE agile development lifecycles.
- Translate product requirements into innovative solutions that provide an excellent client experience and aligns with architectural roadmap.
- Participates in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product; actively helps the team in choosing the right technology and solving technical problems.
- Prepare detailed technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and support MDM Ingestion pipelines and API’s.
- Coaches the team in writing software and building products
- Performs code review, and makes recommendations for quality standards. Manages and assists other team members with technical issues and resolution of complex problems.
- Collaborate with business partners and Product owners to review backlog, ensuring they are clear, concise, and technically feasible.
- Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application, designs, and application execution.
- Collaborate with onshore/Offshore resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 7+ years of hands–on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, spring boot and Web Services.
- 3+ years of experience leading agile teams of up to 6-8 developers including employees, onshore contractors, and offshore contractors.
- Experience with J2EE, Spring Boot, Micro Services, JSON Restful APIS, and Responsive Web Design.
- Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications is a must.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing tools such as Junit.
- Familiar with GitHub for source control, Jenkins, maven or Griddle build process.
- Must be collaborative, adaptable, and have good communication skills.
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Oracle, SQL server and MongoDB.
- Experience developing microservices using Pivotal cloud foundry & cloud systems at scale
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps, using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory etc
- Understanding of streaming toolsets such as Kafka, spark streaming etc.
- Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following: application performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace/AppDynamics etc.
- Experience with Scala is nice to have.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.