Full Stack Engineer (Future Openings)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Allstate's Claims Technology Team is growing daily – across our multiple Allstate development groups we’ve launched several products and we haven’t stopped accelerating. We are committed to moving quickly as the number of projects and products continues to expand and evolve, leveraging our skills to assist the Allstate development groups in bringing the best solutions and services to market.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join an organization where your innovative thinking and technology skills can make an impact on the future of the way Allstate develops and delivers software in the future.
We are part of Allstate's Extreme Programming (XP) Development team. We bring to market innovative services and solutions for Allstate by partnering with IT developers across the company leveraging the Agile XP methodology and the Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology platform. On most of our projects, the technical team is a mix of a Product Manager (representing the business needs), a Product Designer providing UX information architecture and design, as well as highly skilled and diversified Product Developers.Job Summary
- Utilizing Paired programming
- Leveraging Test-Driven Development
- Daily interactions and open communication channels with you and your Product Manager
- Participation in Iteration Planning, Stand-up and Retrospective meetings
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
Expectations for a Software developer include:
- You are entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action and leadership in ambiguous situations
- You are passionate about technical topics such as computer languages and frameworks, mobility and Internet of Things.
- You can translate complex user stories into a good technical code and deliver it effectively.
- You’re ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
- 1-2+ years technology development and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (especially Agile XP), including paired programming and test driven development.
- Spring Framework
- AngularJS or ReactJS
- Mircrosoft SQL Server or MongoDB
Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering or computer science.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.