The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Technology Ops Specialist
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryProvides support surrounding Host, Distributed, Network, and/or Voice technologies allowing Sr. Engineers to focus on complex issues. The incumbent applies experience and technical expertise to ensure high level of customer service and satisfaction, product quality, and timeliness of product, technical and/or business deliverables. The incumbent has technical background in one of the four disciplines and is proficient in supporting at least one product, tool and/or process and competent in another.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a technical resource and/or provides primary support for at least one product and/or tool in the Host, Distributed, Network, or Voice environments.
- Independently assesses and resolves incidents and issues associated with Host, Distributed, Network, or Voice products and/or tools and escalates incidents/problems when appropriate.
- Implements complex changes to the environment involving one or more disciplines.
- Provides quality customer service to all areas within the IT Operations as well as the entire IT organization and business customers.
- Provides technical direction to associate members of the team when complex problems and/or issues are escalated.
- Executes changes related to Host, Distributed, Network, or Voice to include product database administration, hardware and software installations, upgrades, removals, reconfigurations, repairs and/or re-cabling.
- Position may be in a 24/7 operation and require alternative work schedules.
- Position may require on-call support.
- One year of experience in at least one technology; distributed, network, host and/or voice required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3 years of experience in at least one technology; Distributed, Network, Host, and/or Voice preferred.
- Experience with Windows, and Linux preferred.
- Experience with Dell Hardware and HP Hardware, and supporting server back-up preferred.
- Experience with Remedy or any other monitoring tools preferred.
- Able to work independently with demonstrated effective decision making skills for less complex problem situations.
- Must be able to multi-task and change priorities quickly
- Experience conducting small training sessions preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Candidate must possess technical experience in a production support operation. Demonstrates technical proficiency for at least one product, tool and/or process in one discipline. Able to execute routine and complex problem diagnostics, incident and/or problem management, change implementation, product installation and support. Position requires a working knowledge of at least one product, tool and/or technology in the Host, Distributed, Network, Voice and/or Printing environments.
- Value People: Demonstrates a balanced view of own strengths and weaknesses. Leverages strengths and works to improve in or manage areas of weakness. Able to learn and apply new concepts.
- Business Knowledge and Partnership: Ability to develop strong working relations with all customers. Possess a working knowledge of both the business area and IT as it relates to job responsibilities.
- Execution: Individual must be able to implement solutions relating to technical problems and deficiencies with minimal direction from management. Must be able to solve complex problems in at least one discipline. Must be familiar with incident, problem and change management processes and escalate problems according to established procedures and timelines.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: Seeks and offers ideas or new ways of doing things that will provide added value to existing company processes.
- Candid Collaboration and Communications: Good written and oral communication skills. Works well in a team environment.
- Speed and Flexibility: Adapts well to change while maintaining focus on achieving quality results. Must be able to handle new and/or shifting priorities.
- Leadership: Able to lead small groups in a team setting. Serve as a role model for associate members of team.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Position may be in a 24/7 operation and require alternate work schedules.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.