The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Field Sales Consultant
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryUnder close supervision, the Field Sales Consultant provides support and serves as point of referral for the Field Sales organization. This position does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Field Sales Consultant provides support and serves as point of referral.
- May assist Field in using Travelers tools to gather data (i.e. run reports, code clean up, agency set up).
- Assists in the preparation of presentations to agencies.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships and proactively contacts internal and external customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Provides follow-up to customer service requests. Elevates unresolved matters to ensure timely resolution.
- Applies process of appointing new agents that meet production expectations of new business at Travelers.
- May assist in logistics coordination, material preparation and facilitation of training sessions or workshops.
- Learns Travelers sales administration processes and how to apply to agency situations.
- Gathers info for field on Travelers products, pricing and appetite.
- Learns criteria for appointing new agents and may schedule appointments with new and existing agencies.
- Attends Agency Tools, Development and CSR workshops and schedules required follow up meetings for attendees.
- Follows-up with Agents who attend Agency Development workshops and work with Sales Execs on next steps in the process of appointing new agents.
- Learns Personal Insurance terminology, products, pricing and appetite.
- Learns details of Travelers' Marketing programs.
- May assist in the preparation of presentation material for Agencies.
- Assists Agents upon direction from field with systems issues, knowing when to involve trainer. Ensures that Agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Learns SAM Plan components and processes and may assist in research for data for others' SAM Plans.
- High School diploma required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 1 year experience in Administration, Sales or PI experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Not Required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Introductory knowledge of agency diagnostics: (Ability to accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing insight).
- Basic ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with agents.
- Introductory ability to deliver results on assigned projects/assignments.
- Intermediate relationship management skills.
- Intermediate communication skills.
- Basic ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience.
- Demonstrates basic problem solving skills and ability to exercise decisive judgment.
- Demonstrates integrity.
- Intermediate technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn new systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able to explain to others.
- Basic skill of Driving for results: Self-assured, responds confidently to objections, and does not give up easily.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office products , particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Definition of Basic Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in common/familiar situations that present limited difficulties.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequently)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently)
- Standing (Frequently).
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.