Encompass Alternative Distribution Director
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Manage the development and implementation of strategies to expand the Encompass Alternate Distribution within an emerging consumer market. Achieve business goals and direct channel management of a broad team, both business partners and Encompass/ Allstate cross-divisional leadership. Responsible for generating profitable growth and revenue within existing and new relationships.
Reports in to the Director of National Accounts & Alternative Distribution and interacts with Encompass President and Senior Leadership Team to deliver progress updates and secure steering as needed.
This is an expanding opportunity for Encompass and Allstate and presents an exciting challenge to create short-term and long-term strategy, building from the early foundation established during the initial test and learn stage of this division. Fueling that effort will be formalizing Independent Agents (IA) Alternative Distribution Channel project plan, shoring up core objectives, building out team bench strength, and integrating with Encompass and Allstate AORs to execute the plan.
Success in this role will come through thoughtful expansion of the book that supports Encompass’ consumer segments in target markets, achieving target return.Key Responsibilities General Management
- Grow the IA Encompass AD Channel, formulating a detailed project plan, anticipating resource requirements, timeline, milestones
- Develop and implement Encompass Alternative Distribution initiatives, aligned with corporate and business unit goals
- Foster relationships and influence across multiple functions, working with various internal disciplines (product, underwriting, operations, sales, finance, technology and Allstate Direct Alternative Distribution), to set strategy and achieve operational goals
- Conduct ongoing market analysis, in collaboration with AORs, making recommendations to SLT on redirecting strategy as appropriate
- Establish a pipeline of Alternative Distribution players for Encompass to pursue or refer to Allstate Alternative Distribution if outside of Encompass scope
- Manage to target KPI’s, and established benchmarks, working closely with Product Leadership
- Consult with AORs on channel requirements: expansion plans, process/procedure changes, driving alignment on exposure and concentration management
- Coordinate approval of supplemental funds to capitalize on opportunity and enable attainment of goals
- Project superior interpersonal and communication skills, quickly developing relationships, inspiring trust and driving channel transparency (internal and external partners)
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapts appropriately to a range of situations
- Represent Encompass Director of National Accounts and Alternative Distribution as needed
- Provide input in succession planning, talent development for staff and associated incentives
- Sponsor & provide stewardship on core initiatives, prepare complex proposals (cost/benefit analysis) to drive decision making on investments (resource/ risk/ technology) where business need exists
- Establish national compensation deals that support finance guidelines
- Anticipate needs of the organization and lead efforts for continuous improvements
- Develop and implements ideas that have long term broad organizational impacts
- Manage partner relationships effectively and implement course correction as needed
- Project strong account management capability, knowledge of insurance product/systems, sales and business management expertise
- Foster an understanding of Personal Lines comparative rater platforms, system integration capabilities, to steer technology requirement decisions
- Provide written and oral communication of highly specialized terms and data and can present to others
- Use seasoned judgment and apply broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues
- Prospect, quantify and appoint new Alternative Distribution accounts, cultivating productive relationships
- Mentor and coach a team of Inside Sales and Territory Sales Consultants to effectively manage partner relationships - achieve production goals, adhere to book quality benchmarks, optimize quoting and Encompass competitiveness, reinforce appetite and target market objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and or industry certifications preferred (CPCU, CHFC/CLU)
- 15+ years overall business experience and ability to travel is required
- Requires strong knowledge of the Alternative Distribution Market (partner opportunities, competitors, conferences), operational management (field and home office) and excellent business communication and presentation skills
- Broad understanding of Encompass’ and Allstate’s Alternative Distribution Divisions
Proven track record of results-driven leadership and interpersonal skills; experience in project management, establishing objectives and priorities to influence across multiple teams (sales/marketing, product, operations, finance, operations, technology, and across other business units)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.