Full-Stack Application Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
Allstate is recruiting a
Full-Stack Software Developerto join our Engineering team in Northbrook, IL. Our common goal is to build digital products that deliver the strategy of our Life Technology Solutions (LTS) organization, a division within the Allstate brand that provides life insurance for our customers.
This team builds cloud-native software all day, every day, on a full-stack platform, in an agile environment. Driving quality by leveraging test-driven development with continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our engineering approach. We value autonomous thinking and continuously learning technology skills to build digital products that will create and enhance Life Insurance solutions for customers.
We believe in the “you build it, you run it” mantra, which means you’ll be involved in all phases, from design to build to deployment to production monitoring and support.
This team is headquartered at our home office in Northbrook, IL, which provides the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and engineering tools to accomplish our goals. Don’t miss this opportunity to join an innovative team working with cutting edge technology!Job Description
- You are passionate about software engineering with an interest quality, maintainable code
- You value the safety of a strong test suite, with experience or a strong interest in test driven development
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, distributed systems, devops, and CI/CD practices
- You measure success by working software and end user satisfaction
- You have well-developed communications skills, relish collaborating, and are open to a highly collaborative environment
- You value transparency and openness, and are willing to identify what we’re doing wrong and how we can do things better
Hours of work
•Standard hours Mon – Fri;
•Flexibility to meet business needs as required;
•Full time only.Job Qualifications
Strong understanding of computer science concepts and object oriented design principles
3 yearsof full SDLC experience (analysis, design, build, stabilization, deployment); and
- Minimum of
2 years Core Javaas a programmer/analyst – you will be at the top of your game
Experience with Java 1.8, Spring
, REST, ORM)
- Strong logical, analytical, and design skills
- Has in-depth knowledge of / skills in one or more of the content areas of: J2EE, intellij, SQL Server, Oracle, JSON, Customer-focused software applications development, Software applications security, Regulatory requirements as relates to software development
- Experience with automated unit testing (eg JUnit), especially test driven development
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps, using tools such as Jenkins or Concourse CI
- Experience developing 12-factor microservices & cloud systems at scale is highly desired
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Oracle
- Bonus points if you have experience in the life insurance industry
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment