Pre-Sale Team RFP Consultant (Allstate Benefits)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
This position will contribute to the Sales Support & Account Management (SSAM) Department by developing professional expertise in particular subject matters. This position will develop an understanding of competitor practices and make change recommendations as appropriate for the Pre-Sale Team. Guided by professional standards, this position will provide technical and professional advice to internal and external customers. This position will feel comfortable analyzing information from a variety of sources, simplifying complex ideas, and recognizing items for escalation.Key Responsibilities
- Complete standard proposals and RFPs with excellent quality (95% peer review approval) and within defined SLAs. Respond to follow up questions and requests within 24 hours.
- Follow Best Practice guidelines to ensure transparency and accurate record keeping, including maintaining files according to communicated standards and ensuring timely and accurate updates of quote tracking.
- Complete peer reviews of standard proposals and RFPs by providing clear, concise, and consistent feedback to quote owners.
- Develop expertise on pre-sale process including product knowledge, best practices, and escalation process. Prioritize work and workload management.
- Build strong strategic alliances with the Pre-Sale team, our sales team and internal cross-functional partners, focusing on quality relationships.
- Collaborate with the Pre-Sale team to share new RFP content in order to maintain optimal Question and Answer Pairings in quote library.
- Actively participate in team training sessions and adopt new processes.
- Identify areas of opportunity and provide feedback to management for improvements.
- Contribute to process improvement projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to read and interpret complex information, talk with customers and listen attentively
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and complete high-quality work against strict and conflicting deadlines
- Effectively build interpersonal relationship skills to establish working relationships with direct reports, peers and colleagues
- Creative problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to embrace and respect the team culture approach
- Excellent presentation skills in front of high-level executives
- Exhibit a can-do approach and aspire to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Must be proficient in the following applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Pro and various administration systems
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.