The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Family Summary
The ETRM Test Engineer family is an active and integral participant on software development teams. The ETRM Test Engineer supports all test strategy and coordination, planning, creation and execution activities for multiple test types identified as in-scope, champions overall quality efforts, identifies and defines acceptance criteria and test conditions, and creates and executes test scenarios that validate application acceptance criteria.Job Summary
*This role sits in Tempe, Arizona
The ETRM Test Engineer Senior Consultant II owns all test coordination, planning, and creation or execution of automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects. This engineer manages and owns the test strategy as the overall quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.Key Responsibilities
- In an agile/scrum environment, may:
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities – prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
- Participate in backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
- Be able to demonstrate:
- The understanding of testing practices such as TDD, BDD and applicability to different situations
- The understanding of different types and levels of testing, including services, UI and performance testing
- The ability to partner with peers to deliver successful products
- The ability to understand and absorb large amounts of information quickly
- Experience constructing test cases and executing them across functional, regression or system testing
- Experience with at least one of the following areas: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Experience using test management tools (e.g. HPQC, Jira – Zephyr)
- Understanding of agile software development and CI/CD pipelines in relation to testing
- Knowledge and understanding of Web Services in relation to software testing
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
*This role sits in Tempe, Arizona
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Experience in testing using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in testing using Business Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience and usage of Java or other coding languages
- Usage of systems that support Continuous Integration (CI systems) - GitHub, Maven, Jenkins etc
- Usage of Services testing tools
- Usage of performance testing tools
- Static Code Analysis Tools
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.