The Travelers Companies, Inc.
2VP Salesforce Functional Lead
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is looking for energetic, creative and talented people to join our CRM team, powered by the Salesforce platform. You will be responsible for creating a process and growing an organization to work with business, technology and enterprise partners to lead working sessions, analyze business requirements, and assist with designing components of our Salesforce implementations. You will also lead discovery and framing exercises as new capabilities and business units are enabled on the platform. You will lead the Salesforce Functional team and will partner closely with the Salesforce architect, technical leaders, data team, multiple business owners and neighboring teams to implement business solutions in Salesforce that will be leveraged by thousands of Travelers personnel. You will lead the team within an agile delivery model and have an influence on driving efficiencies, increasing revenue and enabling a strategic technical foundation for the future. You will work with Salesforce capabilities including Lightning, Financial Services Cloud, and expansion into our growing portfolio of Salesforce Cloud technologies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Play an active, strategic leadership role on the Salesforce Platform team to help implement an operating model to support multiple business partners and capabilities in Salesforce
- Partner with and support business partners through the Salesforce development and implementation processes
- Lead and facilitate discovery activities for both new capability and new business group implementation.
- Grow and lead a team of professionals who will:
- Meet with business partners to determine business, data and functional requirements
- Translate business and data requirements into Salesforce.com design
- Participate in and/or lead efforts to develop and execute testing, training and documentation
- Participate in the potential activity around Salesforce implementation as needed (requirement documentation, demos, estimating and project planning)
- Collaborate and assist with building best practices
- Utilize business and system knowledge to support business needs.
- Understand impacts of changes to current state business process, data, feeds and systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the capabilities within the Salesforce platform and explain how they are extendable to fit addition business’ needs.
- Evaluate requests for projects and enhancements.
- Make recommendations for operational process improvements and/or system enhancements.
- Collaborate with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Identifies appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders to participate in requirements sessions.
- Participate in validation and verification activities such as test planning, test execution and issue management.
- Proactively communicate status of enhancements, change requests and defects, may manage change, defect and enhancement request process and assignment of approved work.
- Maintain documentation of current state systems and processes.
- Assist in development of training materials and business implementation/transition activities.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of technology or business related experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- At least 10 years of experience working in a business consultant software development role
- Experience in delivering business solutions in Salesforce CRM
- Strong project management skills with experience in Agile development
- Strong facilitation and relationship building skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in partnering with business to create and implement multiyear road maps
- Understanding of use of data and reporting to support IT development and business processes
- Previous experience leading and managing a team is preferred
- Experience with user experience design, journey maps and process improvement techniques is desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.