L&H Actuary Sr. Mgr.
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Analytics is responsible for aligning with and contributing to corporate growth and profitability objectives by providing expert actuarial guidance, influencing business strategies, executing flawlessly, and rigorously defending our work.
This is a specialized position. The Actuary is responsible for designing, developing, managing and leading projects in support of life or health insurance lines of business utilizing accepted actuarial standards and methodologies as well as knowledge gained through on the job training and the pursuit of a professional designation in the Society of Actuaries. The Actuary exhibits broader influence on peers, broader team and outside stakeholders to develop appropriate pricing and product strategies of high complexity to support business goals. FSA designation requiredKey Responsibilities
- Coaches, mentors and influences others to accomplish departmental goals
- Anticipates and drives changes to work processes to support changing business tactics
- Interprets broad goals and objectives into departmental priorities and activities
- Actively develops bench strength and advance actuarial development within the department
- Promotes, fosters and influences actions, careers, environment of employees
- Strategically builds & fosters relationships across functions
- Sets strategic and operational parameters for collaborative efforts/ teams with & across functional boundaries
- Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Sponsors and/or provides stewardship on initiatives
- Achieves results on initiatives that contribute to growth and profit goals
- Takes risks and generates alternative ideas
- Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas or new methodologies
- Leads an organization to address efforts to diverse and complex situations to determine solutions, alternatives or guidance
- Anticipates needs of the organization and leads efforts for continuous improvements with systems design and processes
- Develops and implements ideas that have long term broad organizational impacts
- Represents Allstate on panels, in outside venues or forums
- Evaluates the appropriateness of advanced actuarial formulae
- Responsible for compliance with current industry and professional standards/environment that impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert and can consult on complex issues within their discipline(s) from both an internal and external perspective
- Serves as an expert witness for actuarial rate hearings, etc.
- Can analyze data and review analysis from others
- Participate in continuous education in order to maintain FCAS designation
- 10+ years of Actuarial pricing experience
- Provides written and oral communication of highly specialized terms and data and can present to others
- Extensive product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of lines, rate plans and product offerings
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in other technical fields
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics, economics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Good presentation skills
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.