Cloud Solution Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance. We are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day!
The Solution Architect will work with many departments and systems to support business solutions. The role's primary responsibility is to bring together business requirements with innovative technologies and guide the strategic solution through to implementation. The candidate should bring in top-level skills in enterprise systems and collaboration to help development teams transform technical debt into innovation opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of knowledge, but also be able to become an expert in key areas.Job Description
• Develop reusable patterns, practices, and reference architectures through research and Proof of Concept builds
• Communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via roadmaps, conceptual diagrams and solution documents. Excellent communication skills are required.
• Provide consultation to teams on the tactical application of reference architectures and the strategic direction of enterprise technology
• Hold summits with technologists and business people to identify opportunities for innovation
• Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends, provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development
• Author reference architectures and positions that support the design, deployment and support of complex systems that deliver business functionality
• Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture
• Identify, evaluate and vet technologies for use in AB technology landscape inline with Allstate TSA
• Drive change from within IT through communication with teams regarding processes, standards and culture
• Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the Domain
College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
• 7+ years technical experience in architecture/design
• Experience with Web Service (SOA, Rest, Micro)
• Experience developing applications using Java a must, Node JS, React, Go and/or Scala. Microservices, APIs, Docker etc.
• Experience refactoring and/or re-platforming applications to run in AWS or Azure cloud environments
• Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
• Experience with No SQL technologies such as MongoDB and Hadoop
• Experience working with distributed technologies:
1. Integration and Design Patterns
2. Messaging interfaces (MQ, JMS)
3. Business Process Modeling
• Benefits/Insurance Industry Experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.