Senior Business Analyst
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Allstate’s strategy continues to put a growing focus on data and technology as we continue our digital transformation journey. This has created numerous opportunities in the technology organization to find work that is meaningful to you. We’re building innovative products here, in our own labs.
The Techical Business Analyst leads the analysis of integration technical requirements for the External Data Hub team and supports the delivery of third-party data for the organization in an Agile model. The Technical Business Analyst applies knowledge and facilitative expertise to gather and define requirements, to achieve delivery objectives and acts as a lead and contact for the third-party data vendors and internal data consumers of External Data Hub.Key Responsibilities
- Partner closely with Product Owner and Tech Lead to manage work intake:
- Consult business stakeholders and technical team to help understand the scope of work
- Facilitates requirements sessions and documents project specifics in the form of user stories
- Runs the release management process
- Operates across technology and business professional to provide clear communication about requirements across the cross-domain team
- Partners with PO and TL to align business requests, technical direction, and priorities to define application releases that meet External Data Hub goals
- Collaborates with partners in test plan reviews to ensure plans address the testing of defined functional requirements; supports data analysis and validation from functional tests
- Consults on the functional test plans and conditions for assigned applications / projects; ensure that the test plans cover the testing of all defined functional requirements
- Participates in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Drive problem incident management that includes identifying and communicating corrective action
- Manage on-going knowledge base management (Business operations, processes, best practices and lessons learned)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years working experience as a Business Analyst / Data Analyst with an Enterprise Organization in technical field
- Strong understanding of SDLC / Agile Delivery Methodologies
- Experience writing functional requirements
- Possesses communications skills to successfully work with senior leaders in daily activities
- Hands on experience with REST API testing tools like Postman, SOAP UI, Rest Assured
- Software development team support experience preferred
- Insurance and project management experience preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.