The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr. Consultant, Business Performance Analytics
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThis position applies data and analytics to drive effective marketing outcomes for the Personal Insurance Direct Markets’ business. This includes (i) leveraging internal and external information to identify quantifiable and actionable opportunities for the marketing team; (ii) monitoring and analyzing relevant data and trends; and (iii) communicating insights and results to business partners.
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business strategies and identify actionable opportunities for Digital Marketing (Paid Search, Display, Lead Generation, Email, Price Comparison Websites) and Direct Mail
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively communicate insights and influence decision/outcomes
- With some direction, leverages industry best practices, market data and technology trends to identify business opportunities
- Provides information that can influence business strategy and help prioritize marketing & technology investments based on expected business value
- Collaborates with PI IT, PI Data Management, PI Data Engineering, PI Data Science, & other PI analytic teams to ensure correct data is persisted for business critical analysis
- Manipulates raw data and works towards the ultimate design required to meet business requests
- Supports Campaign Management pre/post launch analysis to ensure go to market campaigns are properly configured across internal & external systems
- Interprets data to recognize patterns and analyze trends
- Supports the analysis of the health of the Direct to Consumer online quoting platform
- Completes reasonability and validation tests with direction
- Supports Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies
- Monitors performance indicators and identifies possible improvements
- Supports assessment of the financial impact of recommendations
- Effectively works with cross functional teams on various business initiatives as assigned
- Two years of business analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) preferred.
- 3+ years of analytics or related experience preferred.
- 3+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products or similar products preferred.
- Exposure and working knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL preferred.
- General knowledge of analytic concepts preferred.
- Experience with Descriptive Analytic practices and processes preferred.
- Working business knowledge preferred.
- Developing knowledge of insurance products/concepts preferred.
- Experience working on teams preferred.
- General knowledge of the main features of the collection of data and the relationship of data.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- General understanding of the business functions of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills.
- Intermediate ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Intermediate ability to see tasks to completion.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel and basic skills in database programming language and/or related applications.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.