Arity-Informatica Systems Admin
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.The Team
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day—after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that’s pretty game-changing stuff.The Role
The Data Governance and Quality team works across the Enterprise to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Arity. Members of Arity’s Data Governance and Quality team have responsibility for ensuring consistency and clarity of our data across our product portfolio. The team works closely with product partners to convert business needs into data solutions that power our businesses.
The Informatica System Administrator would be part of the Data Governance and Quality team and will provide administration and operational support for a various Informatica products, ensuring that the products within the team’s portfolio remain stable and that operational SLA’s are maintained. They will be responsible for administering repositories that are used by Informatica products and maintain the organization and security of the objects contained in these repositories. Duties include developing and maintaining folder and schema structures, managing users, groups, roles and global/local repository relationships and performing backup and recovery of repositories. During development efforts, the Systems Administrator is also responsible for coordinating migrations, maintaining database connections, promoting naming conventions and development standards, and developing back-up and restore procedures for the repositories. They work closely with the Informatica Sr. Administrator and other project personnel during the architect, build, and deploy phases to plan, configure, support and maintain the desired platform configuration.
- Contribute to technical and system architectural planning
- Develop and test back-up / restore and restart / recovery procedures
- Work and collaborate with others to resolve technical issues and outages
- Monitor logs and activity, real-time system state and load, and performance
- Build an internal ‘wiki’ with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Contribute and/or perform computing environment build-outs, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, and documentation of operating procedures and processes
- SSO integration and setting up SSL certificates
- Outage Handling, Password Changes, Bouncing Activities or Restarting the Services
Successful candidates typically have:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, mathematics, or data science
- 2 – 5 years of experience in Systems Administration, including cloud-based
- Administration experience with the following data management tools - preferred
- Informatica AXON
- Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC)
- Informatica Secure@Source
- System administrator experience 2 – 5 years
- Hands on experience writing SQL queries
- Strong experience in providing, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Unix/Linux/Informatica environment
- Strong experience on Informatica administration and installation process and setting up new Informatica Domains, Nodes and Services - preferred
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multitask across several large initiatives
- Ability to analyze & communicate root cause and remediation steps
- Coaching and mentoring abilities
- Support on call and off-hours work as needed
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment