The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, demonstrates a general understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management, and technical resources. Facilities and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming business specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in accordance with business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Three years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Developing knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.