The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Architect-Director contributes to the design and conceptual models on which applications are based and designs the logical structures on which applications or infrastructures are being built, tested and implemented. Manages resources and leads the delivery of IT projects.
The Architect-Director directs the team of architects involved in the design, development, and implementation of large-scale IT architecture projects. The Architect Director provides thought leadership driving architecture designs, plans, or projects, and establishes priorities. Evaluating multiple projects for efficiency and leading, motivating, and influencing resources are also responsibilities of the Architect-Director. The Architect-Director is the primary integration point between IT architecture and other parts of the enterprise, interacting with and presenting complex architecture solutions and strategies to C-level executives.
The role of the Architect-Director is to lead an organization within the IT department that likely consists of several individual organizations. At this level, the director sets the strategic direction for their organization in support of the business objectives of the company, ensuring the structures and processes needed to effectively deliver the mission of their organization are in place. They create a work environment that enables their employees to be their best and deliver on their accountabilities. They are personally accountable for creating organizational change, delivering business results by working across the organization and development of employees. They demonstrate a broad level of influence across the IT organization, with their business partners, peer leaders and senior leaders.Key Responsibilities
- Provide technical and professional leadership over large or complex initiatives where multiple architectural disciplines are involved. Execute governance over solutions developed by architects.
- Ensure architectural consulting services are provided at a level of service commensurate with business needs.
- Provide thought leadership, innovative ideas, and drive toward partnership at the table. Act as a thought leader representing Allstate and influence the standards and practices established for the industry.
- Develop and champion reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
- Interact with and present complex architecture solutions and strategies to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CFO, etc).
- Define service oriented architecture strategy and provides framework for a cross-domain and integrated architecture blueprint.
- Defines enterprise reference architectures in collaboration with all architecture disciplines and ensures that new architecture components comply with existing enterprise reference architectures.
- Ensure the architectures support and remain current with the business and its strategies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the architecture. Create and articulate the case for change by highlighting the potential business/customer benefits.
- Gain recognition as an industry thought leader in their relevant discipline and becoming a technology ambassador on behalf of Allstate.
- Collaborate with clients and partners to define technology migration strategies and approaches.
- Drive the adoption of reference architectures and initiatives to replace tactical solutions with strategic solutions.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and adopt technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Leverage internal and external benchmarking of emerging technologies, industry innovations, and competitor technology positioning trends to define new or refresh existing strategic architectures.
- Conduct Architecture Assurance Board (AAB) and Domain Architecture Review Board (DARB) involvement for domain - ensuring initiatives are appropriately steered toward future state infrastructure.
- Identify and manages risks, opportunities, compliance issues or other architectural concerns.
- Ensure that appropriate resources are brought to bear on complex system issues.
- Verify the implementation of recommendations.
- Review all new opportunities' Statements of Work to ensure the proposed solution's architectural integrity.
- Identify opportunities to apply architectural subject matter expertise and apply appropriate resources.
- Proposes and/or participates in new Pursuit, Discovery and other project opportunities.
- Work with strategic vendors and partners to review and direct product roadmaps, strategies, and plans to ensure alignment with industry and Allstate needs, both current and future.
- Develop guidelines for selection and use of third party products and services. Support the evaluation process for very complex cross-domain projects in collaboration with clients and partners.
- Provide proactive and timely information to drive the skills and talent implications of reference architecture and technology standards/decisions across other competency areas.
- Plan and monitor the involvement of Architects in architecture related activities.
- Education: College Degree with technical study.
- 15+ year’s technical experience in architecture, design, and/or project management and 7+ years of management experience; including leading leaders; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- 10+ years of consulting experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.