The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Product Owner / Agile Team Lead
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryAre you a digital product owner ready for your next challenge? Do you consider yourself to be a collaborative leader that can help shape and deliver our digital products and offerings? Are you a results-oriented change agent who loves to turn business strategy into action? Do you possess the business acumen and customer-centricity to deliver business outcomes through digital strategy and innovation? Would you like to help us re-imagine our customer’s experiences and deliver the best in-market technology solutions?
If you inspire teams to drive business outcomes with high-impact digital solutions, this is the opportunity for you. We are reimagining the digital identity lifecycle to enable our customers and agents to seamlessly and securely manage their digital relationship with Travelers. You will lead a multi-disciplinary team to build secured and delightful digital experiences using market-leading technology.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and implement team goals and strategy, ensuring alignment with circle and value stream vision; Articulate team goals and strategy effectively to key stakeholders, Circle Leads and team members.
- Communicate with business stakeholders, and working teams to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Act as voice of the end-user; have a deep understanding of and respond to customer feedback ensuring needs and requirements are clearly defined; ensure team work product meets defined acceptance criteria.
- Optimize the flow of value by setting objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) for solutions.
- Provide feedback on work-in-progress, clarify requirements and contribute to removing roadblocks or impediments; Look for opportunities for continuous team and process improvement.
- Effectively manage a backlog of deliverables and capabilities as well as 'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at defining/refining future deliverables, measuring performance and adjusting the overall roadmap of deliverables as needed.
- Define, prioritize and ensure a ready backlog of work for a smaller scale product team, accept final product output, focusing on achievement of defined outcomes versus defining how the work is completed.
- Own team backlog, including prioritization and refinement; Make trade-off decisions to maximize value.
- Inform and participate in business readiness; understand the impact of change, implement the approach to manage adoption and mitigate resistance.
- Partner with Circle Leads and peers to effectively communicate resources required to achieve defined business outcomes.
- Share best practices across teams to ensure alignment and consistency in ways of working within a value stream.
- Foster an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment, promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration and self-organization.
- Two years of work experience in related field required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in Agile product management preferred.
- Experience with Okta or other leading Customer Identity & Access Management platforms preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives and which is the north star for the team
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.