The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryAn internship with the Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) provides qualified students an excellent opportunity to gain real-world experience across Travelers’ strategy, data/analysis, technology, and production-focused Operations teams. You will work on challenging projects and assignments related to process improvement, operational effectiveness, enablement of technology in various business units and corporate functional groups across Travelers. On-the-job training in addition to guidance from program leaders, senior Operations leaders, and assigned mentors ensure your experience is robust and impactful. Collaborating and networking with other development programs on work assignments, business workshops and social events provide insight into the interconnectedness of our business areas and allow you to engage with employees across departments.
Successful performance during the Internship could lead to a full-time position upon graduation in our Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP). The OLDP is a challenging multi-year rotational program designed to accelerate the development of future Operations leaders.
The intent of this position is to provide our 2020 Travelers Summer Interns and Summer Students the ability to apply to our 2021 OLDP Intern opportunities. Applications outside of this audience will not be considered at this time. However, for additional positions posted at a later date we encourage anyone who was not a Summer Intern or Summer Student between June 2020-August 2020 to apply at that time.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Program Components: We will offer you challenging professional work experience in the insurance industry. Assignments include individual and group project work, such as mini-capstone project, business overviews, speaker forums, and career development workshops. We will assign you a formal mentor to guide you throughout the summer. Involvement in intern-run committees such as the Networking and Community Involvement Committee may also be a part of your summer experience.
Required: Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Approximate work availability from June through August (10-12 weeks) required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Demonstrates communication, collaboration and leadership ability.
- Initiative and motivation to succeed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates self-awareness.
- Involvement in school organizations and activities.
- Preferred majors include:
- Business Management
- Liberal Arts & Science
- Supply Chain and Operations
- Risk Management and Insurance
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Some travel may be required if attending Intern Symposium in Hartford, CT (affects only rising seniors).
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.