The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryTravelers Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) is a challenging three year rotational program designed to accelerate the development of participants. Program participants experience a diverse set of assignments across the enterprise allowing them to lead projects, develop teams, and gain management experience while building business acumen. We invest in participants by providing professional development, senior leadership mentoring, enterprise networking, technical, and on-the-job training.
This job manages staff during one or more rotations.
The intent of this position is to provide our 2020 Travelers Summer Interns and Summer Students the ability to apply to our 2021 OLDP Full-time opportunities. Applications outside of this audience will not be considered at this time. However, for additional positions posted at a later date we encourage anyone who was not a Summer Intern or Summer Student between June 2020-August 2020 to apply at that time.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Program participants complete three or four rotations (typically 6-12 months in length) across the enterprise. Each rotation increases in level of responsibility and complexity. Participants are challenged to think strategically and lead courageously in a transformative environment. Participants are tasked to develop innovative solutions to complex business problems and exhibit sound analytical skills. Ideal candidates have less than 5 years professional experience and demonstrate leadership, creativity, initiative, adaptability, and collaboration skills. They are results-driven professionals who are eager to learn and add value while also remaining open to feedback and coaching.
- Participants work with the industry’s best in such areas as: Operational Effectiveness & Strategy, Project Management, Data/Analytics, Digital Enablement, Information Technology, Field/Frontline Management, and Product and Underwriting Support. Participants are also exposed to other functional teams including actuarial, finance, underwriting, and product.
- Because of the nature of this training program, candidates with more than four years of full-time professional experience in a related field should apply for openings in positions such as Operations Manager, Assistant Operations Manager, Managing Account Executive, Service Desk Manager, Project Manager, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Preferred majors include:
- Business management, Economics, Finance, Insurance, Liberal arts and science, Risk management, Supply chain and operations
- Related work experience, including internships, is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Communication, collaboration and leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A change agent.
- Initiative and motivation to succeed with focus on building a career.
- Involvement in school organizations and activities.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
- Participants are required to fulfill one rotation of a minimum of 12 months in a field office location. This rotation may require relocation.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.