The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThe intent of this position is to provide our 2020 HRLDP Summer Interns the ability to apply to our 2021 HRLDP Full-time opportunities. Applications outside of this audience will not be considered at this time. However, for additional positions posted at a later date we encourage anyone who was not a Summer Intern between June 2020-August 2020 to apply at that time.
Under general supervision, HRLDP Participants will rotate through four nine-month assignments. These assignments are within Compensation, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, and a track based assignment (People & Projects or Data & Analytics).
Throughout the program, participants will develop thought leadership and consultative skills while gaining a thorough understanding of various functions within Human Resources. Upon completion of the program, participants are placed in a role based on their performance as well as business need. This job does not manage staff.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- HRLDP Participant duties will vary based on their specific rotation, but will be within the responsibilities of each of the functions outlined below:
- Compensation: Design competitive and cost-effective total compensation programs, practices and solutions that support management in leading the creation and maintenance of a high-performance culture at Travelers.
- Employee Relations: Develop an understanding of Employee Relations issues, state and federal employment law regulations and corporate HR policies and procedures. May gain exposure to managing all HR activities for an assigned business group. May assist in the development of HR policies and programs by consulting with other HR specialist functions.
- Talent Acquisition: Consult with business partners to develop and maintain external recruitment sources for exempt and non-exempt positions. Recruit, interview, assess and place applicants to effectively meet company HR needs.
- Potential track based assignment includes but is not limited to: People & Projects (HR Generalist, Diversity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, Operations) or Data & Analytics (Benefits, Workforce Analytics).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources or closely related discipline (i.e. Business Administration, Business).
- Prior Human Resources related work experience (internship or other).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Multiple HR related work experiences (internships or other) preferred.
- Preferred GPA: 3.0 or above.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Motivation to succeed.
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Extra-curricular involvement.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.