The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThe intent of this position is to provide our 2020 HRLDP Summer Interns the ability to apply to our 2021 HRLDP Full-time (or Intern) opportunities. Applications outside of this audience will not be considered at this time. However, for additional positions posted at a later date we encourage anyone who was not a Summer Intern between June 2020-August 2020 to apply at that time.
Travelers' Human Resources Leadership Development Internship Program will provide you with an exciting opportunity to develop your HR skillset, learn to think strategically, and add value to our organization through challenging work assignments. The internships are located in our corporate office in Hartford, CT for 10-12 weeks each summer. The HRLDP Internship Program is a pipeline for our full-time leadership development program after graduation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
HRLDP Intern assignments will vary based on business needs, but may include work in:
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Relations
- HR Generalist
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Enterprise Organization Effectiveness
- HR Analytics
- HR Operations
As a part of the Travelers HRLDP internship, we also offer:
- Career development workshops
- Interaction with all levels of management
- Mentorship program
- Networking opportunities
- Competitive hourly rate
- Corporate Housing (if permanent address is 40 miles outside of Hartford office)
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred.
- Prior HR related work experience a plus.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated interest in a career in Human Resources.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership potential and involvement in school organizations and activities.
- Approximate work availability from June through August (10-12 weeks).
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.