Information Analyst Lead Cons
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Internal candidates please note that there is a leading candidate for this role.
The Data Structures team is driving innovation in the enterprise data modeling space, creating the data structures underlying our newly emerging product development platform, and leveraging cutting edge proprietary tooling to achieve large-scale adoption. The team is responsible for designing all intra-domain messages and publishing the designed structures in the enterprise metadata portal.
In this role you will model and design canonical data structures for various products in the Enterprise Data Strategy. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate solid canonical, logical, and physical modeling skills and ability to work under condensed timelines to deliver on critical requirements. Creative problem-solving skills and strong communication and collaboration skills are needed for effective partnership with internal application area.Job Responsibilities
- Working with the Business Units to identify the data requirements
- Implement the identified requirement in the Allstate canonical, logical, and physical/schema models (xsd or json)
- Create mapping documents showing data movement, in partnership with the sourcing system or consuming system developers
- Publish the designed structures into the metadata portal
Hours of work
- Standard hours Mon – Fri;
- Flexibility to meet business needs as required
- Proven expertise with logical modeling principles
- Strong experience leading JAD sessions with Subject Matter Experts and/or Business Stakeholders
- Strong consensus building skills
- Creative and critical thinking skills in order to overcome challenges (troubleshooting, problem solving)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of operating in an Agile environment
- Strong experience with designing XML Schemas (XSDs)
- Strong experience with XML modeling tools like XMLSpy
- Experience with logical modeling tools (e.g. Erwin)
- Insurance or Financial Services experience
- Experience with JSON data structures (or other NoSQL data modeling)
- Experience using SQL data manipulation (preferable in Oracle/SQL Developer);
- Understanding of coding and development principles and practices (API, Events, OOP)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.