The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and systems and data integrity.
- Develops and executes specific testing procedures and documents test results for assigned sections of audits/projects.
- Analyzes test results, documents exceptions and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions for assigned sections of audits/projects.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of issues and findings including recommendations for improvement.
- Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business-related field.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of risk assessment, accounting, and auditing principles.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Competence:
- Introductory understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls as well as the insurance industry.
- Introductory knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Introductory understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- Intermediate skills with commonly used office software including: MS Office, email and the Internet.
- Ability to plan ahead and organize tasks, manage time well, be on time and be cost conscious.
- Ability to receive feedback, willingness to learn and ability to embrace continuous improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to articulate messages to business management through formal and informal presentations.
- Ability to document clear and concise work papers.
- Build Relationships:
- Ability to build productive working relationships with co-workers, business management and external parties.
- Ability to collaborate in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Maintains smooth, effective working relationships; promotes effective teamwork.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- 1 Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
- 1 Sitting (can stand at will) (Continuously)
- 1 Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.