The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Select Sales Executive
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryResponsible for the execution of industry leading sales strategies; initiating and developing highly effective sales relationships with customers, distribution resources, and fellow employees. Creates tactical sales plans that provide for the profitable growth of respective segments -- consistently delivering on Select Accounts profit and revenue goals. Position requires state of the art sales skills, superior knowledge of Select Accounts products and services, broad-spectrum knowledge of corporate enterprise wide capabilities, and exceptional influence management skills. Delivers sales success within our framework of corporate values.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify new customers that fit our profile.
- Understand specific industry characteristics of each segment including key needs and buying patterns.
- Develop annual Business Development Plans for assigned territory .
- Work with designated distribution resources to develop Agency Partnership Plans for Strategic Partner Agents.
- Active and leading involvement in point of sale presentations.
- Establish strong producer relationships through high visibility, clear knowledge of company strategy and joint sales planning.
- Help facilitate working relationships between distribution resources and underwriters.
- Work with and influence all members of the Select Accounts team to exceed customer expectations.
- Owns the business development process within assigned market area with heavy emphasis on developing a pipeline of profitable new business and renewal retention.
- Assists in the development of proposals for point-of-sale; participates in and coordinates the Sales team for point-of-sale.
- Maintain superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with local market trends.
- Demonstrates the ability to build partnerships with other business groups to identify and initiate multiple product solutions at the account level.
- Maintains an understanding of all Travelers products, services and solutions and initiates discussions with other businesses units as appropriate.
- Uses available automation tools to support the sales process and identify opportunities for additional products and services.
- Works collaboratively with other business units to remove roadblocks and administrative obstacles to ensure agents and brokers see Travelers as easy to do business with.
- Actively involved in the local business community.
- Prequalify accounts that meet underwriting & financial standards.
- Share information with and support the efforts of the Select Accounts team to manage distribution resources within an assigned territory.
- Active involvement in removing obstacles that interfere with effectively serving customer needs.
- Effectively articulate our Vision and work within our Values.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of professional or underwriting experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years sales or underwriting experience in the insurance industry
Licensing or Certificates
- C.I.C. (or willingness to pursue).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical knowledge of Property & Casualty.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Platform skills, including facilitation.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Marketplace knowledge.
- Business and financial acumen.
- E-knowledge of Microsoft and Lotus products.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Continuously
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.