The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for the units uncollectible debt. This includes transactions that adjust the premium debt, such as audits, endorsements, and other premium changes. The position provides support to the Collections Vendor. This position controls the litigation of these uncollectible files, and liaises with attorneys and other parties, and is also responsible for decisions that impact litigation, mediation, settlement and file closure. The analyst has a territory that consists of well over a thousand files within a certain region.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and coordinate the collection of all premium balances on Residual Markets business by:
- Assisting the Vendor with collection efforts.
- Determining whether suit should be filed.
- Providing information and direction to the attorneys where needed.
- Providing records, certifications and other court related documents.
- Coordinating witnesses.
- Reviewing and responding to the answers, interrogatories and production of documents.
- Mediating, arbitrating and litigating collections files.
- Reviewing premium debts to determine if collections activity should continue.
- Updating and monitoring all associated systems, such as CAP, DBS, PRDB.
- Providing technical support to underwriting on all transactions waived.
- Correcting errors and assuring that balances are appropriate.
- Tracking legal expenses such as costs, and tracking expenses with regards to hourly attorneys.
- 1 year of general business experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Workers Compensation experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good Customer Service Skills.
- Strong Negotiation Skills.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of Travelers Databases, such as CAP, DBS, Comprise, et.al..
- Exceptional organization and multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to handle potentially difficult customers.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.