Arity-Sr Android Engineer
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.The Role
The Android Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a market leading mobile app leveraging cutting edge technologies, creative solutioning and results driven customer focus to further enhance our user experience. Be part of a small, agile cross-functional team of energetic developers and product specialists in a company with great culture and start-up environment, situated in the heart of downtown Chicago in the Merchandise Mart.
- Develop and implement mobile application solutions for Android mobile devices.
- Participate and contribute to all phases of projects, including ideation, design, programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review and deployment planning.
- Participate fully and enthusiastically in ideation and design discussions.
- Research upcoming technology and bring new ideas to the team.
- Provide expertise on current mobile standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Partner closely with non-technical staff to define user requirements.
- Advise on best practices for mobile UI, functional, and solution design.
- 3+ years of hands-on mobile application development experience for Android phones/tablets.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required.
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java.
- Proficient in Webservices (REST, JSON).
- Familiarity with Industry Standard tools including GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, SonarQube, Splunk, SiteCatalyst.
- Familiarity and Experience in TDD (test driven development).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of profile provisioning and key management (such as push notifications, mapping etc.).
- Strong knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience integrating with these functions.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability for creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability for sound technical design.
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics.
- Ability to work effectively with technical partners.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment