The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Director Product Solutions B&SI Management Liability
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryIn this role you will support strategic objectives and operations for B&SI, including product development, compliance, and wide range of policy form-related project management initiatives across Management Liability (e.g., Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, etc.), Professional Liability (e.g., Accountants, Lawyers, etc.) and Crime, Fidelity, or other first party expense coverage (e.g., Cyber, Kidnap Ransom, etc.) products for Financial Institution, Private & Non-Profit, Professional, and Public Company business units.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will be expected to effectively and successfully perform the following duties:
- Lead and collaborate with Business Unit customers and other partnering groups (e.g., Claims, Legal, Regulatory, etc.) to manage projects and initiatives to successful completion.
- Manage and promote product consistency, integrity, and quality, with a customer-focus.
- Develop, maintain, consult, and train on insurance products.
- Convert strong writing skills into sound form drafting, incorporating comprehension of coverage concepts and policy contract framework.
- Apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills that foster creative solutions for insurance coverage issues or improving departmental processes.
- Breakdown and articulate complex business and insurance coverage concepts.
- Identify and educate business customers on internal and external product and compliance trends, opportunities, and emerging issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4 years of insurance experience with working knowledge and experience in product, underwriting or coverage required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 6 years of Business Insurance experience.
- Business insurance forms/product development, claims or legal experience.
- Thorough understanding of Business Insurance products, systems, contracts, forms, coverage, distribution channels, regulatory environment and insurance financials.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Visio
- Advanced knowledge of Impromptu or similar query tool. Ability to collect data from data marts or willingness and ability to develop these skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Preferred: matriculation in CPCU, IIA, or other recognized insurance designations (examples: ARM, CIC)
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leading the Business:
- Advanced leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Results driven.
- Customer-focused orientation (agent and consumer).
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of Business Insurance.
- Leading Self: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced organization and time management skills. Attention to detail.
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate intent of state product strategies, underwriting strategies, and inter-relationships with coverage.
- Advanced critical thinking and analysis skills to understand state specific results, state underwriting results, and competitor actions in order to recommend state specific actions. Advanced ability to assess state specific underwriting and financial results.
- Actively invests in improving own capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.