The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Senior Genesys Software Engineer
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. The successful candidate will be proficient in designing, developing and supporting Genesys Pure Engage solutions.This would include developing solutions using Composer, WDE and Genesys SDK. The candidate must be able to work in an environment leveraging agile practices, ability to develop in C#, managing Genesys configuration and thrive in a dynamic environment.Individual will complete advanced software end to end engineering tasks that span many parts of a system including designing, developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system specifications. Individual will also consult with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications, manage the effective use of resources, act as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies, leverage technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives, participate in the design/ development process, and provide technical leadership.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform complex analysis, advanced level design, configuration and develop functions for impactful and high-visibility tasks.
- Take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to moderately complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with team goals.
- Deliver efforts both independently and by leading other team members.
- Lead investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents.
- Act as a technology advocate, independently seeking opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship while fostering a team environment.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned efforts.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience.
- Three years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Delivery - Advanced delivery skills including the ability to determine the software design strategy and methodology to be used for efforts, use automated tests, analysis, and informed feedback loops to ensure the quality and production readiness of work before release, monitor the health of work efforts and that of adjacent systems.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to develop business partnerships and influence priorities by identifying solutions that are aligned with current business objective and closely follow industry trends relevant to domain, understanding how to apply them, and sharing knowledge with coworkers.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who utilizes data and proofs of concepts to find creative solutions to difficult problems, reflects on solutions, measuring their impact, and uses that information to ideate and optimize. Also adept at making decisions that involve a significant number of factors with broad implications.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to describe technology concepts in ways the business can understand, document initiatives in a concise and clear manner, collaborate effectively with teammates and others regardless of role, quickly extract core issues from discussions and meetings, give and receive constructive feedback, offer help when asked, and ensure everyone has a chance to share their thoughts and are heard; an attentive and empathetic listener.
- Leadership - Advanced leadership skills with the ability to take action even when there is no clear owner, inspire and motivate others, and be effective at influencing team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.