Product Manager (Allstate Benefits)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Product Line Manager is responsible for the overall performance of assigned line(s) of insurance for Allstate Benefits. The role develops, implements, and monitors design, rating plans, risk management guidelines, programs, and procedures for line(s) of business and serves as a subject matter expert on moderately complex issues that require innovative and creative solutions.
- Subject matter expert for all assigned line(s) of insurance, including coverage, rule and rate structure
- Develops and Implements Risk Management, Pricing, Filing, and Product strategies using fact-based decisions based upon a knowledge of the market, which includes competitors, regulatory and legal environment, claims handling trends, and distribution channel / agent relationships
- Analyzes statistical, non-statistical, legal, and regulatory information to evaluate risk of potential market segments
- Monitors the overall profitability including growth and retention of products to ensure consistency with product strategies, goals, and priorities
- Builds and leverages strong relationships with internal partners including Territory Managers, Field Sales, Underwriting, Marketing, IT, Compliance, Claims and Product Implementation to form consensus on and move to needed actions
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices for Product Management
- Prioritizes and manages initiatives for assigned line(s), supports training efforts for assigned line(s) of insurance.
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, industry designations a plus (CLU, CEBS, RHU)
- 5+ years product development, management, or underwriting related experience (minnimum)
- Strong business acumen, with a strong interest in external Industry environment and trends and ability to apply those to make informed product line decisions
- Thinks critically and is detail oriented
- Knowledge of competitor market conditions and ability to react accordingly
- Ability to read and articulate product contracts and forms
- Basic project management skills need
- Strong influencing skills, ability to work collaboratively and influence organizational thinking
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed to meet deadlines
- Applies innovative and creative thinking – seeks ‘outside the box’ solutions
- Can plan and manage multiple priorities
*Voluntary Benefits experience strongly preferred.*
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.