The Travelers Companies, Inc.
2VP, HR Technology & Operations Transformation
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThe 2VP, HR, Technology & Operations Transformation helps shape strategy and drives execution to ensure the right mix of skills, roles, capabilities and design for today and tomorrow; Fosters an environment of empowerment and customer centricity. This role, reporting to the VP, of HR, Technology and Operations, partners with HR and business stakeholders to orchestrate and execute key talent initiatives and programs that support the vision, operational excellence and transformation agenda across all Technology and Operations HR value streams.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes a workforce and workplace strategy inclusive of, but not limited to, skills mix, role and competency definitions, organizational design, sourcing mix, location strategy, modern workplace environment, and upskilling and reskilling, etc.
- Determines how to design and implement optimal HR practices in an agile operating model.
- Measures outcomes effectively and keeps leaders current on progress against timelines, dashboards and scorecards for each initiative, as well as any potential red flags including capacity, pacing, and resourcing issues that may require attention and decision.
- Focuses high performing and diverse resources on initiatives; develops and maintains process excellence, problem-solving, value creation, and accelerating of transformation.
- Ensures alignment to enterprise business and HR priorities.
- Acts as a strategic HR Business partner across assigned business areas through the assisted development and execution of HR programs, policies, and solutions that help drive behaviors and attain business goals.
- Provides HR Generalist consultative support in the areas of Workforce Management, Organization Effectiveness, Performance Management, Employee Development/Talent Management, and Compensation.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in human resources with significant experience in workforce transformation required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- BS/BA in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- MA/MS/JD/MBA or other equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of all aspects of the human resources function with significant experience in the implementation of workforce strategies and organizational design.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the technology/digital/Agile space is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance helpful.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong HR technical acumen and ability to execute to plan; exhibits a leadership and character that inspires trust of all levels, including characteristics of integrity, common sense, intelligence, strategic mindedness, creativity, independent thinking, initiative, energy and a hands-on orientation.
- Expert project management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Comfortable being empowered and accountable - driven/resourceful independent operator. Finds innovative solutions to address road blocks and makes things happen.
- Demonstrated 360 degree leadership and ability to effectively build relationships and collaborate with key business partners.
- Exceptional communication skills, effective with a variety of audiences; ability to synthesize and communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Analytics, data-driven, persuasive and persistent to drive change and overcome normal organizational resistance while providing hands-on leadership.
- Ability to manage both at the strategic and operational levels.
- Ability and intellectual curiosity to evaluate market and industry trends.
- Possesses strong analytical skills to effectively create recommendations, influence decision-making, assess impacts, compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.