The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr Product Analyst, Coverage & Forms
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision, provides support for the development, analysis and maintenance of Personal insurance coverage forms, coverage rules, contracts and non-policy forms. May focus solely on non-policy forms. Assists with development of PI product and coverage strategies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with development of PI product and coverage strategies and product development initiatives in conjunction with National Underwriting and National Product Design/Strategy teams. May create and conduct formal presentations.
- With minimal assistance and direction from others, implements product & coverage strategies through the creation and/or revisions of policy coverage forms, rules and contracts as well as non-policy forms. Drafts contract and forms language. Creates filing documentation and responses for Departments of Insurance.
- With minimal direction, may create and/or revise non-policy forms including but not limited to the following: Option selection forms, important notices, Quote acceptance packages, Fillable forms, adverse decision letters and any other pertinent non policy forms.
- Presents and seeks input from key stakeholders such as PI Legal and Claims to gain agreement and/or approvals of forms.
- Conducts impact analysis, shares with other Product teams and executes changes to forms to comply with state laws and regulations.
- Provides intermediate coverage analysis expertise & direction for policy and/or non-policy forms.
- Conducts competitor coverage analysis to assist with coverage and forms strategies. Creates side-by-side coverage comparisons for filing documentations and other purposes.
- Contributes to the development of PI coverage philosophy and processes, based on an intermediate understanding of property/casualty insurance and/or contracts. Understands the impact of such decisions on field constituents such agents, business centers, call centers, field sales and consumers.
- Adheres to policy and non-policy form workflow processes and controls. Meets or exceeds quality and timeliness goals.
- Develops communication, documentation, training and marketing materials to communicate coverage and/or non-policy forms information to internal and external customers. May also assist with training presentation.
- Serves as a resource for Product Management/State Teams, Claims, Sales, Business Centers, and Underwriting staff for direction and training on the coverage intent and application of PI forms and contract language; provides clear and concise work products in the form of policy and/or non-policy forms, with detailed recommendations, explanations and rationale.
- Performs accountabilities with intermediate understanding of the quote, issuance, and publishing systems to facilitate the development of policy and non-policy forms. Provides consultation on development of forms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or Business.
- Minimum of 3 years of property casualty insurance with working knowledge and experience of policy and/or non-policy forms.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 4 years of Personal Insurance experience in the areas of policy and/or non-policy form work.
- Personal insurance forms/product development, claims or legal experience.
- General knowledge and understanding of Personal Insurance products, systems, contracts, forms, coverage, distribution channels, regulatory environment and insurance financials.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Visio.
- General knowledge of Impromptu or similar query tool. Ability to collect data from data marts or willingness and ability to develop these skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Preferred: matriculation in CPCU, IIA, or other recognized insurance designations (examples: CPCU, ARM, CIC).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leading the Business:
- Intermediate leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Results driven.
- Intermediate understanding of regulatory & compliance issues as well as Department of Insurance filing processes.
- Customer-focused orientation (agent and consumer).
- Demonstrates intermediate understanding of Personal Insurance systems, coverage, rules and contracts and/or non- policy forms.
- Leading Self:
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills with ability to influence others. Includes creating and drafting forms.
- Intermediate organization and time management skills. Attention to detail.
- Intermediate ability to comprehend and communicate intent of contract language as well as interpret inter-relationships of coverages across contracts/forms.
- Intermediate critical thinking and analysis skills to conceptualize, synthesize and resolve coverage, policy language and non-policy forms issues.
- Intermediate ability to analyze and develop competitive information, understanding changing legal climate and make appropriate coverage recommendations.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.