The Travelers Companies, Inc.
2VP, Employee Relations
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThis position provides leadership and direction company-wide on policies, programs and initiatives in support of business objectives and mitigation of company exposure. Working in partnership with the Human Resources management community and in collaboration with allied functional areas implements solutions on critical Employee Relations issues.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Coordinate support of customer base through effective management of Employee Relations resources in the delivery of services, including:
- Policy/program development and communication.
- Consultation on relevant state and federal employment legislation, complex employee relations issues, performance management, workplace investigations and critical incident management.
- Consultation on and response to employee complaints through the Internal Dispute Resolution process.
- Management of workforce reductions through the Staff Adjustment process.
- Monitoring of employment law and workplace trends and the design/delivery of training programs on relevant topics.
- Interpretation of and compliance with federal reporting requirements including Affirmative Action Plans, EEO-1 and Vets-100 reports and management of company response to OFCCP audits.
- Collaboration with business partners across functional areas in support of interdepartmental initiatives and issues of company concern.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field.
A minimum of 8 years of experience working in Human Resources with a focus on Employee Relations.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Law degree or Master's degree preferred.
- Seasoned human resources professional with fifteen or more years of experience in human resources management with a heavy emphasis on delivery of employee relations support.
- Demonstrated management ability, collaborative work style, strong analytical and communication skills. Knowledge of financial services industry helpful.
- Some travel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.