Retirement Lead Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Retirement Plans Team within Benefits Design and Planning is responsible for creating and managing innovative retirement plan options that attract, engage and retain employees to the Enterprise. Benefits Design and Planning collaborates and consults with leadership, business clients, HR Business Partners and other HR partners to identify develop and implement strategic enterprise initiatives that impact benefits and talent management strategies. The team is responsible for ensuring that the retirement plans comply with ERISA and federal and state laws as well as all the accounting and financial reporting.
The Retirement Lead Consultant is responsible for delivering core benefit design & planning initiatives to all plan participants by applying professional judgment, knowledge, experience and a broad perspective. The individual will be responsible for select aspects of benefit plans and programs including vendor management, compliance, project management, strategic planning and design and communication. In addition, the individual will be responsible for implementing, managing and developing innovative solutions that support the business unit strategy and design by applying thought leadership and their subject matter expertise. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication, and cost. Plans and Programs may include (but are not limited to) pension, 401(k), and non-qualified retirement plans.
This position is open to a remote or home based arrangement if not located in Northbrook, IL or Irving, TX.Key Responsibilities
The individual will work with internal and external vendor resources to deliver participant services and is responsible for the following:
- Effectively manage medium and large size vendor relationships or provide a significant role in the management of a large and complex vendor.
- Ensure all vendors are adhering to statement of work, service level agreements and contract terms including costs and out of scope fees. Take appropriate corrective action as necessary to ensure adherence to contract provisions.
- Participate in performance review sessions, audits and developing contract requirements and performance standards.
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback to management and/or vendor and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Ensure proper management of all vendors within work stream, taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of Request for Proposals and participate in the scoring and development of recommendations for selections.
- Ensure all plans and programs are compliant with ERISA and applicable federal and state laws. Take appropriate corrective action as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Fulfill all filing requirements and employee notices.
- Following law changes or design change, head the updating of all appropriate plan documents, policies and administrative procedures. Coordinate all required changes with vendors.
- Develop proactive and appropriate communication to participant and internal business partners following law or design changes.
- Prepare monthly accounting processes, external audits of the plans, completion of 5500 reports, manage GAAP disclosure process and SOX reporting processes and work with actuaries to develop pension plan liabilities. Provide requested data for the annual proxy and executive disclosure.
- Respond to claim for benefits and all complex technical participant inquiries.\
- Manage implementation of medium to large scale projects; implements strategic change.
- Develop, manage, and execute project plans; including managing project resources and budgets. See project through to completion.
- Lead and execute the development of project documents, status reports and measurements.
- Reach out, support and collaborate with other HR areas and or business units.
Strategic Planning and Design
- Understand, in detail, how the individual strategies link to the overall business unit strategy.
- Participate in the design of benefit programs and plans that are cost effective, competitive and attract and retain quality employees.
- Participate in benchmarking processes to evaluate competitiveness of plan design features.
- Ensure internal and external understanding of the overall business unit strategy.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related area
- Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience; specific retirement experience preferred
- Professional with strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Advanced knowledge of Retirement plans
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to think critically
- Intermediate vendor and project management skills
- Ability to work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Ability to integrate deep subject matter expertise by having industry experience in benefits and in-depth knowledge of operational processes
- Ability to provide influence and authoritative advice
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Advanced accounting and finance skills with basic knowledge of actuarial terms and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software with strong preference for extensive experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of SAP
- Experience in presenting complex retirement issues to business leaders
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Intermediate understanding of HR strategy, policies and integration points
- Ability to recognize gaps in processes and recommend holistic solutions
- Ability to anticipate operational issues and develop preventative measures
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.