Junior Salesforce Developer
Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.Job Description
The Jr. Salesforce Developer creates detailed technical specifications, develops application and system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, supports ongoing maintenance, advises on code/design analysis and strategy, supports project management, develops code and design for projects that are mildly complex, supports code review, design, and testing. This resource serves as a subject matter expert in one or more application areas, utilizing technical expertise to identify new application solutions and improve process efficiency.
- Gathers business, functional, and high-level technical requirements from a variety of stakeholders (including recovery, security, and audit)
- Provides input for programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements and oversees development standards
- Supports creation of accurate test plans, conditions, and conduct
- Performs coding of semi-complex modules as a subject matter expert Improving process
- Identifies opportunities, from a technical perspective, for promoting process efficiency, simplification, and improving application performance
- Analyzes downstream and client process impact and make recommendations • Manages the resolution of highly complex problems
- Participates in and provides input for complex technical design components and acts as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Validates and makes recommendations for quality standards for completed code reviews
- Participates in and provides input for application configuration created by other application developers
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience translating user requirements into technical components
- Has the ability to solve or participate in conversations related to Design and Architect solutions
- Experience in a Scrum or Agile environment
- 2+ years of Salesforce configuration, administration, and development experience
- Experience building components within Salesforce using Apex, VisualForce & Lightning Component Framework (or similar languages like AngularJS or React)
- Experience working with Salesforce API’s and general connectivity/integration best practices
- Salesforce certifications, including Administrator & Platform Dev I certifications
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to drive towards outcomes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, cross-regional, diverse and dynamic work environment.
- Field Service Lightning Experience
- Relevant technical designations and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Salesforce Platform Dev II certification
- Highly Detail Oriented
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.