Business Insurance Specialist
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Allstate Business Insurance (ABI) is currently hiring a Business Insurance Specialist (BIS) to join our team. A BIS representative is an inside sales role professionally licensed to sell business insurance products in a specific region. They are responsible for working directly with business owners to identify and sell Allstate solutions where available and if not, then offer the customer one of our brokered solutions to meet their insurance needs. A BIS representative is expected to provide a superior customer experience through effective telephone and written communication techniques that discover customer needs while building a customer relationship. The BIS must be proficient at delivering a sales proposal based upon the unique needs of the business owner and closing the insurance sale to meet monthly sales targets. This position can be a home-based role or based in one of our talent centers in Charlotte, NC, Chandler, AZ, or Northbrook, IL.Job Responsibilities
- Internal sales role to sell commercial insurance policies directly to customers on behalf of the Allstate agents
- Build solid relationships with agents to improve quality and quantity of lead submissions within the specific region of responsibility
- Communicate effectively with a business owner to understand the risks that they face and how insurance products may assist them in managing those risks.
- Deliver an exceptional customer sales experience from the initial customer contact to the sale of the policy.
- Resolve complex business insurance sales inquiries.
- Attempt to cross-sell additional Allstate Business Insurance policies and additional brokered solutions to increase sales and customer retention.
- Proficiently leverage resources, such as, but not limited to, various quoting platforms, PAL, Dynamics, CRM, Reference Connect, and the internet, as well as underwriting guidelines as needed to complete an accurate assessment of the business risk and provide an accurate business insurance quote.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of company specific products, underwriting guidelines, and market direction in order to deliver confident and reliable service to existing and potential customers.
- Listen to and engage business owners to identify insurance needs and illustrate how commercial insurance products will meet those needs.
- Serve as a key point of contact for non-certified agents in assigned markets and provide assistance on a broad range of products. This may involve re-directing agents to the appropriate resource or assisting them directly.
- Leverage selling techniques to successfully close sale and bind the business insurance policy.
- Demonstrate a clear and direct ownership for the market assigned and work collaboratively with other team members in order to achieve overall business unit objectives.
- Utilize technology to manage a sales workflow to provide regular communication and follow up with the business owner and other stakeholders, the agent of record, or an insurance broker.
- Answer inquiries that require an insurance license, including inquiries related to coverage, coverage limits, deductibles and various insurance policy options.
- Update customer policy records accurately.
- Achieve defined business results related to commercial insurance sales and service objectives.
- 2 - 4 years of experience as an inside sales professional is required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Bilinguals (Spanish) are Encouraged to Apply
- Commercial Sales Experience Strongly Preferred
- Experience Selling Financial Services Preferred
- P&C License Preferred
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven competence and fluency in the Care, Sell, Quote, Close sales process – with a passion and drive to protect customers
- Ability to conduct professional business meetings virtually with agents and provide direction on market direction and ABI’s value proposition
- Maintain an active property and casualty license for state(s) in which you live, work and service
- Must be able to meet production requirements without jeopardizing ethics or compliance
- High level of dependability and flexibility
- Required to operate several systems simultaneously while speaking with our customers
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.