Strategic Operations Manager
Avail (affiliate company of Allstate) is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.Job Description
One of the Avail’s business verticals is focused on providing a shared vehicle to those who have been in an accident so that we can get them back on the road while their personal vehicle is being repaired. We seek to provide a stress-free and ultra-convenient experience for our customers at a time when their lives have been unexpectedly disrupted. The Strategic Operations Manager will be an integral player in helping to bring this business to market in a cost-effective, efficient, and customer-obsessed manner.Key Responsibilities
Identifying New Opportunities:
- Use quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify strategic opportunities to scale the business
- Interface with cross-functional partners in Customer Experience, Product, and Marketing to understand operational pain points and corresponding opportunity areas
- Support new product development by identifying needs in the field
- Establish project plans and lead initiatives that directly support the business strategy and address our biggest operational opportunities
- Measure the impact of said initiatives with the ability to present the data clearly and concisely
Improving Processes and Procedures:
- Ensure all active markets and field operations teams are following operational best practice
- Serve as a central point of contact for our field operations teams for all operation-related issues
- Proactively identify areas that require process improvement and refinement
- Establish new protocols to inject structure and scalability into the operation
- Own, manage, and update all of the standard operating procedures for the business
Improving Systems and Tools:
- Identify, vet, and implement the appropriate tools required to run effective operations and promote strategic growth
- Lead training and deployment of new tools/processes to ensure our field teams are operating with the most updated knowledge
- 5+ years of operations experience (mobility-focused operation a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to proactively creating and optimizing operational processes
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders across an organization
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, cross regional, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
- Embody the Avail team’s 5 core values: Transparency, Collaboration, Bias for Action, Customer-Obsession, and Integrity
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.