Sales Support Consultant (Allstate Benefits)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Sales Support Consultant I directly interfaces with our agent and broker partners, enrollment technology platforms, and works internally with our new business and technology teams to implement new case setups and service existing cases. The Sales Support Consultant I creates, documents and communicates account status; effectively coordinates resources, monitors progress and intervenes as necessary to ensure the quality, schedule, and other requirements are met. The Sales Support Consultant I uses their industry knowledge, expertise, and organizational skills to ensure all account activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner to provide cases with the best experience possible.Key Responsibilities:
Communicate effectively with clients and brokers
• Initiate and drive communications that will provide optimal working conditions for a successful customer onboarding and life cycle experience
• Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure completion of all tasks associated with management of accounts including implementation, ongoing service and issue resolution
• Partner with AB sales representative to provide thorough customer updates, broker feedback and other pertinent action items that impact sales effectiveness
• Develop and execute case implementations
• Proficient in all internal AB account set-up documents including the customer agreement (ABJ4040), commission forms, custom enrollment forms, etc.
• Interpret and understand AB Underwriting Offers
• Knowledge of licensing process as well as licensing requirements
• Help support sales team through the coordination of marketing supplies
• Maintain reporting and records for all assigned accounts to ensure transparency and accurate recordkeeping
• Prioritizing work and assisting with team workload management
• Apply critical thinking skills to determine when to use the Escalation Process or when an exception is needed
• Successfully transition cases between implementation and service team
• Identify areas of opportunity and provide feedback to management for improvements
Education and Experience
- A four-year Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 1+ years of insurance experience; health and workplace insurance experience is strongly preferred
- Prior project management or similar relevant experience preferred
- Prior experience in a customer facing role required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Above average Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Pro skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to read and interpret complex information, talk with customers and listen attentively
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and complete high-quality work against strict and conflicting deadlines
- Creative problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to embrace and respect the team culture approach
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with key Home Office operating departments
- Exhibit a can-do approach and aspire to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to adapt and embrace change
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.