Product Engineering Manager
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again!
Allstate extends beyond insurance to offer our customers a complete circle of protection for all aspects of their lives. The Allstate Family of Companies, includes our traditional insurance brand, as well as companies formed through acquisition and new business startup. Some of our other brands include companies like Allstate Roadside Services, Allstate Identity Protection, SquareTrade, Allstate Benefits, Allstate Dealer Services, and Avail Car Sharing.
Allstate is looking for a Product Engineering Manager to join our growing Rapid Product Delivery team to support the Allstate Family of Companies from our CompoZed lab in Charlotte, North Carolina. CompoZed supports a high performance, user-centric culture that empowers our people to deliver valuable products to our customers. We drive quality through use of Extreme Programming (XP) techniques including test-driven development, continuous integration & continuous delivery.
- You are passionate about building products that drive customer satisfaction & loyalty
- You measure success by delivering working software and end user satisfaction
- You have a desire to reimagine our business for the customer’s benefit
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and even use it to drive better ideas, work and success
In this role you would help to define, deliver, and manage the engineering lifecycle of one or more emerging products; this includes the contribution to product roadmaps, identification of assumptions, managing of partner relationships, and facilitation of technical/architectural decisions. Additionally, you would also be responsible for actively participating in our learning culture including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders, and peers.Job Duties
- Work with our Product Managers, Solution Enablement teams, as well as with the various Allstate Businesses, to help manage the product engineering strategy for products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Assist with managing the product backlog, contribute towards creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product engineering strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product engineering strategy.
- Own the technical development team, delivery measures, and effectiveness (team performance) including People/Talent Management (career development, succession planning, performance calibrations, Human Capital Plan maintenance, resource allocation, hiring)
- Creates and maintains relationships with teams in our Business Divisions, Architecture, Data Science, and Platform teams
Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in fast-paced organization performing as an Engineering Manager, Solutions Architect, or Product Manager (with software engineering background). 10+ years of IT experience in general
- A clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models, and distributed systems
- Hungry for knowledge and understanding of both technical and business details
- A high-energy, expert communicator with both technical and non-technical team members, brimming with positive, proactive energy and dynamic leadership skills with ability to motivate teams
- High level of maturity; comfortable leading meetings with people of all ages and backgrounds
- An effective manager with the desire to cultivate leadership and high performance in the team you lead
- A data-driven decision maker who blends sound business judgment with strong analytical thinking
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.