Arity-Enabling Technology Lead Consultant
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.The Team
As a member of the Operational Excellence team, you’ll help make sure the entire Arity team is enabled and empowered to get things done! It’s our job to ensure Arity is an industry leader both in terms of the products we offer, and by the way in which we deliver and deploy them to our customers. We are one-part business - for example, contracting with customers and suppliers, and one-part risk managers - tackling tough issues like data security and privacy. Our top candidate embraces ambiguity and change. He/she can see the big picture, understand all the implications that need to be addressed, and lead the team to overcome any hurdles to achieve Arity’s goals. Sound like you? Let’s talk! .The Role
The Operational Excellence Lead Consultant- Technology, also known as our Enabling Technology Lead Consultant is a high- exposure role that has responsibility for understanding employee and business technology needs and working cross functionally to ensure those needs are met. In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage all aspects of a technology application lifecycle. You will also be responsible for identifying and implementing improvements and administering software and technology programs for the Arity business.
- Understand employee and business technology needs
- Work cross functionally within Arity and within Allstate Enterprise Technology to achieve goals
- Advocate for software platform updates and improvements
- Responsible for managing the software vendor relationship and licensing
- Identify opportunity areas and challenges, and offer solutions and ideas for continuous improvement
- Leads and manages initiatives project/programs of moderately high complexity and impact with little support or direction from others
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects/program delivers them
- Drive adjustments in projects/program to more effectively achieve desired business results
- Predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies; Engage appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation.
- Own the development and maintenance of program deliverables (e.g. artifacts, process flows, reports, training, project updates); Coordinate, document, and communicate project plans and requirements
- Customize solutions for complex issues, involving Arity level considerations
- Manage concurrent projects / initiatives and drive the achievement of projects
- Proactively identify, resolve, and escalate (as needed) projects/program risks/issues
- Drive project execution, direction, and oversight throughout project lifecycle to meet applicable business requirements
- Deliver project results through leadership and influence rather than authority and control
- Deliver project communication on complicated projects and issues in an easily understood simplified style to any audience
- Adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects
- Monitor results to ensure initiatives achieve intended outcomes and identifies opportunities to enhance process design and efficiency
- Experience with Project or Program management
- Experience with cross functional relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years in application management; 3+ years in selected application
- Experience in an Agile Scrum environment preferred
- Knowledge of JIRA / Confluence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate presentation skills
- Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results
- Strong Office skills
- Strong experience in time and task management
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Microsoft office
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment