Operational Efficiency Analyst- Sales Support Team (Allstate Benefits)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
This position will contribute to the Sales Support & Account Management (SSAM) Department by exhibiting a
strong understanding of core business processes. This position will take ownership of their Operational Efficiency
position through self-motivation and continuous learning. This position contributes to specific projects within the
department and prepares work for approval by others. This Operational Efficiency position can adapt their
communication techniques to their audience members, regardless of the positions of those members. This
position will feel comfortable identifying, understanding, and resolving complex problems within their own work
- Partner with Sales Support leaders to identify and implement sales support improvement initiatives.
- Measure results through improvements in cost and quality.
- Lead sales support improvement initiatives from conception, through funding, prioritization,
- implementation, and measure.
- Drive alignment of sales support goals towards measurable improvement in Net Promoter Scores.
- Develop and influence a cross-organizational culture around continuous improvement.
- Drive thought leadership into the sales support areas on improvement opportunities.
- Mature the cross-organizational use of data and data analytics within sales support areas. Implement
- capabilities to improve visibility into organizational performance and improvement.
- Drive improved visibility into key sales support metrics around cost and performance.
- Develop and recommend new techniques to support innovative solutions.
- Actively seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise.
- Provide written and oral communication of highly specialized terms and data and can present to others.
- Provide input on resource needs including skills and education requirements (when leading project
- Understand diverse customer base and customize approach for multiple customer types (agent, broker,
- strategic business partners, employers, policyholder, and regional sales leaders).
- Provide extensive expertise and project/process management.
- Business owner back-up for Business Continuity Planning and execution.
- Support the creation and maintenance of metrics and reporting across the Sales Support team.
- Support ensuring reports are consistent and data integrity is kept.
- Support the development of reporting dashboards.
Education and Experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Six Sigma training or certification preferred
- Knowledge of process improvement, process implementation methods/techniques and data and data
- analytics tools
- Ability to influence cross-organizational activities towards successful implementation or governance
- Knowledge of sales, product, and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of lines of
- insurance, and product offerings
- The ability to ask the right questions, draw logical conclusions, and arrive at effective solutions
- A strong, quantitative skill set, the ability to think and communicate with well-supported data
- Experience developing business case to support sales support rational improvement opportunities
- Prior experience driving organizational change within teams outside of direct line of control
- Strategic thinker, who continuously creates and executes process improvements. Creative problemsolving and strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel, Word and SharePoint skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills along with project management and organizational skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.