The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
LOCATION:Open to Remote and Home Based Workers
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
- You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
- You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
- You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
The Strategy, Innovation and Analytics team has a vision to make Allstate a leader in the development and use of analytics within cyber security. The team is constantly researching and evaluating new techniques and technologies. We actively evaluate and develop cryptographic technologies and solutions that are applicable to our focus of cyber analytics, and more generally to AIS and the broader enterprise. To effectively and efficiently consume data from across the enterprise, guarantee privacy and authenticity, and ultimately drive decisions using this data is challenging and requires the latest and most sophisticated technologies in order to succeed. Our team is leading out the development of an enterprise solution for Encryption that will provide a data-centric approach to protecting Allstate’s customer data.Key Responsibilities
As a Security Engineer you will develop and build out services for secure data processing platforms. You will apply best practice methodologies for secure and efficient delivery of a 24/7 enterprise application and service. You will collaborate with our customers to identify how our solutions and services can be most effectively applied to solve their data privacy needs. You will contribute to efforts at Allstate Information Security to continually improve security by means of practical demonstration and championing of new technologies.Job Qualifications
Bachelors degree in electronic/software engineering , computer science, mathematics, physics or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience as an Engineer delivering and maintaining services in a 24/7 environment
- In depth understanding of enterprise deployment systems, service systems and support systems (eg. Service now, BarometerIT etc.)
- Experience of gathering detailed formal system requirements
- Experience of Cryptography (encryption and authentication) and authorization for system and software integration
- Experience in developing policies, onboarding processes, procedures, and management of security technologies
- Experience of cross team collaboration and delivery
- Understanding or willingness to learn and work with technologies such as Git, Jenkins CI/CD, Linux and scripting languages
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem-solver
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of projects
- Constant learning and be able to upgrade the skills
- Masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Knowledge of security network communications, protocols and their application (e.g. TLS, TCP/UDP sockets)
- Knowledge Web centric technologies (e.g. REST services)
- Deployment of cloud services
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.