Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Senior Manager will bring strong business insight, a real passion for building teams and developing people, and innovative approaches to the entire Talent Acquisition organization. As one of its senior leaders, the organization will lean on your strong strategic and problem-solving capabilities to deliver scalable and sustainable solutions to Allstate’s biggest recruiting challenges. This is a key leadership role within the Talent Acquisition Leadership team.Key Responsibilities
- Engage with senior business and HR partners using quantitative and qualitative techniques to lead the Talent Acquisition strategy and execution of hiring goals across numerous areas of responsibility
- As a leader of leaders, you will be charged with developing your team; you will build a team of talent advisors and ensure the team has the competencies and capabilities to adapt to an ever-changing business climate
- Lead the design, execution and measurement of recruiting goals for individual recruiters and leaders
- Use data and analytics to understand and drive strategic recruiting solutions and measure the health of recruiting teams
- Seek out benchmarks while demonstrating industry, competitor, and broader business knowledge; leverage that knowledge and current industry trends to design and influence innovative strategies, technologies and team skills
- Build external networks and affiliations to support Allstate’s employment brand, support passive and active human capital acquisition strategy, and be viewed as a talent thought leader in the broader Allstate HR organization
- Uses data and analytics to develop and drive the strategic talent decisions for numerous stakeholders; at the forefront of sensing and anticipating economic/organizational strategy shifts and corresponding impacts on the organization
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; May also have advanced degree
- 10 or more years of related experience, preferably within a high-volume and/or inconsistent recruiting environment.
- Certifications in recruitment, human resources, or recruitment marketing
- Superior management and people development skills, ability to inspire, and a demonstrated history of engaging team members to influence outcomes with leaders and the organization
- Demonstrated experience leading and driving candidate experience initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of innovative change and implementation resulting in high levels of employee engagement and development, operational efficiencies yielding business value, and client improvements
- Broad working knowledge of the HR industry, as well as programs, policies and procedures in management or a recruiting field, preferably gained through extensive industry experience and training
- Ability to develop & deliver effective presentations and strong consultative track record; a subject matter expert at facilitation and presentation skills at the officer-level
- Demonstrated expertise on utilizing data to challenge the status quo and drive organizational change
- Has a history of effectively operating in complex and matrixed environments
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.