Application Developer-Ab Initio
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
The Application Developer creates detailed technical specifications, develops application and system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, and supports ongoing maintenance.
The Application Developer also develops code for intermediate to complex modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, resolves moderate defects, designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for intermediate complex projects.Key Responsibilities
- Evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security, and audit)
- Designs detailed technical components with high-level architecture
- Recognizes and understands use of design patterns for intermediate applications
- Applies usability and future state architectures to develop technical components according to design specifications
- Participates and provides feedback in design reviews
- Develops or confirms detailed project or system change estimates or project plans; calibrates estimating factors for continuous improvements
- Develops code for intermediate modules, following documentation and development standards
- Creates enhanced technical documentation and implement changesConducts timely structured code reviews to ensure standards and systems interoperability
- Reviews and critiques team members' code
- Creates accurate test plans, conditions, and data; participate in testing reviews
- Conducts basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards; tracks and resolves moderate defects
- Assists Quality Control personnel with functional tests
- Identifies support issues and initiate action to resolve the problem
- Provides technical assistance to resolve moderate to complex issues
- Executes change management activities supporting production deployment to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel
- Two-year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years experience in an Ab Initio environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.